---Reptiles & Amphibians
Petrides, George A. A Field Guide to Trees and Shrubs.
- A Field Guide to Trees and Shrubs: Field Marks of All Trees, Shrubs, and Woody Vines That Grow Wild in the Northeastern and North-central United States and in Southeastern and South-central Canada
- Petrides, George A.
- Peterson Field Guides
- Houghton Mifflin, Boston
- 0395175798 (Paperback)
- Petrides, George A. & Roger Tory Peterson (line drawings)
- Table of Contents
- field guide, trees, shrubs, woody vines, United States, Canada, identification, nature, plants, science, biology, ecology
- English (en), Latin (la)
- From the Book Cover
- If you want to know how to identify all the trees in this area; their common and scientific names; their ecological importance; and the fascinating uses for their wood, bark, leaves, and fruit, A Field Guide to Trees and Shrubs gives you all this and much more for the northeastern and north-central United States and southeastern and south-central Canada.
- 646 species identifiedall the wild trees, shrubs, and woody vines in an area north to Newfoundland, south to North Carolina and Tennessee, and west to the Dakotas and Kansas
- Detailed recognition features: shape and arrangement of leaves, height, color, bark texture, flowering season, and fruit
- Diagrammatic illustrations of leaves and buds for ready comparison in the field
- Flower drawings, tree silhouettes, illustrated glossary of specialized termsall the detailed information you expect from a Peterson Field Guide
- Species arranged in 5 easily identified groups, then broken down into botanical key format fro simplified recognition
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.co.uk:
- No longer available (but if you send me an e-mail message, I'll try to find you a used copy):
- 2nd edition, Hardcover, Houghton Mifflin Co, 1972, ISBN 0395136512