---Reptiles & Amphibians
Lyman, Francesca. Inside the Dzanga-Sangha Rain Forest.
- Inside the Dzanga-Sangha Rain Forest: Exploring the Heart of Central Africa
- Lyman, Francesca, American Museum of Natural History
- A Real-Life Scientific Adventure
- 076110870X (Paperback)
- (photographs, sketches)
- children, science, nature, natural history, Central African Republic, Dzanga Sangha Rain Forest, juvenile literature, biological specimens, guide books, juvenile nonfiction, environmental science, ecology, forests, trees
- English (en)
- Reading Level
- Ages 4-12, Grades 1-2
- From the Book Cover
- From the journals of the scientists, artists and filmmakers on expedition to one of the last wild places on earthhome to the Baka Pygmies, gorillas, elephants, bongos, and 200-foot-tall trees.
Welcome to the expedition.
It's hot, humid, green, and shadowy.
Less than 1% of the sun's light ever reaches you.
Hyraxes and colobus monkeys chatter in the canopy above, little sweat bees crawl over your face.
In the evening you hear a BaAka mother serenading her child.
And yesterday you tasted your first termitenot bad, actually, with its faint almond flavor.
A you-are-there look at both the methods of contemporary science and the ancient, interconnected life of the rain forest.
Richly illustrated with photographs and scientific sketches.
From the American Museum of Natural History's expedition members' first-hand accounts.
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.co.uk:
- See and/or order this title at A1Books:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.de: